Tuesday 23 June 2020

Learning-Focused Relationships - AFL - Allan Powell

Learning Intentions:
  • To understand what a 'learning-focused' relationship is and the role of teacher and student in developing relationships most conducive to learning 
  • To know what a ‘learning-focused’ relationship is and how it is fundamental to quality learning happening. 
  • To understand the different types of relationship that can exist between teachers and students (that may limit a ‘learning focus’). 
  • To have some practical ways of finding out the extent to which a class (or school) is ‘learning focused’. 
  • To have some practical ways in which teachers and leaders can deliberately build a stronger learning focus.
As Allan had already observed my teaching and given me feedback, I was familiar with a lot of what was covered in this workshop. I already have Student Voice to work from and know that I need to make the students more involved in our next steps. The locus of control still needs to shift from me to them. 

It was great to have time to reflect on what is happening in our classes and what we want to improve. Having the students critique my lessons is a great way for me to make changes in repsonse to their feedback. It also show the students how I can also learn from feedback, gives them ownership of future lessons and I will be able to model the process using think alouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment